Highlights of Cape Town and the Garden Route
Accompanied by Caroline Gleeson
Friday 16 November – Saturday 1 December 2012
Envisaged day to day programme
Day 1 Friday 16 November
Depart Dublin via London to Cape Town to arrive on Saturday morning.
Day 2 Saturday 17 November
On arrival transfer to the Park Inn Hotel, Cape Town. Morning resting.
Afternoon sightseeing tour of the city to include the major sights and attractions. Overnight in Park Inn Hotel
Day 3 Sunday 18 November
Spend today exploring the city or just sit and relax by the pool. Overnight in the Park Inn Hotel
Day 4 Monday 19 November
After breakfast we depart to Somerset West where you will have an opportunity for wine tasting. Afterwards visit the resort town of Hermanus known for its scenic beauty, mild climate and range of cultural and outdoor attractions. Hermanus also offers superb whale watching and the country’s southernmost wine route. Return to Cape Town via Elgin and Sir Lowry Pass. Overnight in the Park Inn Hotel.
Day 5 Tuesday 20 November
After breakfast depart on a full day tour to the Cape of Good Hope travelling along the Atlantic seaboard. Visit Hout Bay and for those wishing to take a short boat trip to Duiker Island there is time (optional and extra). Then travel along the spectacular Chapmans Peak Drive. Visit Cape Point Nature Reserve and see the penguins at Boulders Beach before returning to Cape Town to the Park Inn Hotel.
Day 6 Wednesday 21 November
At leisure for shopping or sightseeing. Overnight in the Park Inn Hotel.
Day 7 Thursday 22 November
Today we travel to Paarl, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch for our tour of the cellars and some wine tasting. There will be time for strolling around the historic town of Stellenbosch before returning to Cape Town.
Overnight in the Park Inn Hotel.
Days 8 & 9 Friday 23 November & Saturday 24 November
At leisure in Cape Town. Overnight in the Park Inn Hotel.
Day 10 Sunday 25 November
Drive along route 62 to Oudtshoorn. Dinner and overnight in the Pearl of Oudtschoorn Hotel, Oudtshoon
Day 11 Monday 26 November
Today we go underground to marvel at the icy formation in the Cango Caves and afterwards visit the Cango Crocodile Ranch and then Highgate Ostrich Farm to include lunch.
Evening return to Pearl of Oudtshoorn, Oudtshoorn for overnight.
Day 12 Tuesday 27 November
Today travel from Oudtshoorn to Knysna. Overnight in the Graywood Hotel, Knysna.
Day 13 Wednesday 28 November
Today we enjoy a Cruise on the vast Knysna Lagoon and visit the Featherbed Nature Reserve. After a leisurely nature walk we then enjoy a well-deserved seafood lunch! Overnight in the Graywood Hotel, Knysna
Day 14 Thursday 29 November
Full day excursion to Stormsriver including a tractor drawn wagon ride through the Tsitsikamma Forest. Visit Monkeyland and the Garden of Eden bird sanctuary. Overnight in Graywood Hotel, Knysna.
Day 15 Friday 30 November
Today we head back to Cape Town. Overnight in the Park Inn Hotel.
Day 16 Saturday 1 December
Depart Cape Town for return flight via London to Dublin.
Accommodation - 3 star
The Park Inn Hotel, Greenmarket Square - Capetown (or similar)
Garden Route extension is based on 3 star hotels – Pearl Hotel (Oudtshoorn) and Graywood Hotel (Knysna) or similar.
Price: €1,995.00 per person sharing
This Price includes
- Return flight via London to Cape town with British Airways
- Return airport transfers
- 10 nights accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis at the Park Inn, Cape Town
- 2 nights in Oudtshoorn on a bed and breakfast basis with one dinner
- 3 nights in Knysna on a bed and breakfast basis
- Half day tour of the city and Table Mountain
- Full day tour of the Cape Point and Cape Peninsula with lunch
- Full day winelands tour with lunch
- Full day tour: Hermanus with lunch
- Congo Caves, Cango Crocodile Ranch and Highgate Ostrich Farm with lunch
- Excursion to Featherbed Nature Reserve with lunch
- Day excursion to Storm’s River with visit to Monkeyland and Birds of Eden with lunch
- Professional Guide on all tours/excursions
- Insurance €65.00 up to 65 years (66 yrs+: double insurance premium applies)
- Taxes €430.00 (subject to confirmation on final invoice)
- Single room supplement €32.00 per night (limited availability)
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Walk to Freedom Tour €50.00
- African dinner with music €65.00
- Walk to Freedom Tour – Township tour to include District Six Museum; Langa Township, Khayelitsha Township and local school (half day tour to include coach and guide)
- Dinner at Gold Restaurant to include drumming
How to reserve a place(s): a completed booking form with deposit of €250.00 per person (payment by cheque, laser or credit card) should be sent directly to MAP Travel.
The balance will be due 10 weeks prior to departure – payment by cheque/cash (2% surcharge applies to balances paid by credit or debit card).
MAP Travel, 36 Upper O'Connell Street, Dublin 1. Telephone: (01) 8783111
MAP Travel is a fully licensed and bonded company
Travel Agents licence (T.A. 0474) Issued by the Commission for Aviation Regulation